Deena A Townley
Deena A Townley
Deena received her undergraduate degree from Appalachian State University and her law degree from the University Of South Dakota School Of Law. While in law school, Deena served as the Business Manager for the Moot Court Board. She competed and placed in several national moot court competitions. She was on the Order of Barristers. She also served as a graduate assistant to Professor David Day at the law school.
Prior to law school, Deena worked as a Virginia State Trooper and Investigator for the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. Before becoming an associate with Klass Law Firm LLP, Deena practiced law with another Sioux City law firm.
Outside the practice of law, Deena is a member of the Bishop Heelan Catholic School Board, St. Michael Catholic Church Pastoral Council and former member of the Board of Directors for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Siouxland Affiliate. She also serves as a lector at St. Michael Catholic Church.
When not working, her time is spent in various activities with her husband, Ted, and their three children. She enjoys running and participating in local and regional running events as a member of the Missouri River Runners.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
• Iowa Self Insurers Association - annual conference planning committee
• Woodbury County Bar Association Member
• American Bar Association Member
• Iowa State Bar Association Member
• Nebraska State Bar Association Member
• Admitted to the US District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
• Admitted to the US District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
• Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers – Board of Governors
Areas of Practice
- Workers Compensation
- Iowa, 2007
- Nebraska, 2009
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- J.D. - 2007
- Appalachian State University , Boone, North Carolina
- B.S. - 1992
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Woodbury County Bar Association , Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association , Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association , Member
- Admitted to the US District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- Admitted to the US District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers – Board of Governors